CHURCH STREET

Previously known as The Street and Goldhanger Street

(select pictures to enlarge)

Goldhanger Rectory postcard 1

The Rectory

from 1851 to 1939

The Rectory was the home of...

Revd Leigh and Revd Gardner

now called Goldhanger House

 

Lavender Cottage

the home of author Maura Benham

with the classic red brick walls

Church street & Lavender Cottage

 

The Blacksmiths

and the...

Cricketers Inn

 

The Cricketers Inn

In the 1950s, from

the Rowley Collection

Church St and The Cricketers - Rowley collection

The Cricketers Inn

with thatched barn next door

 

Cottages

in Church street

with shutters on the street

See... Cottages lost

image013

 

Coastguard Cottages

See... Coastguards

 

Hall Farm in 1919

also know as The Hall

Goldhanger Hall, Joyces

and Street Farm

image015

Church st Hall Farm cottages

Hall Farm Cottages

See... Cottages lost

 

The Old Rectory

in the early 1900s

home of...

Revd Edward Howes

and Charles Page

Old Rectory.JPG

THE SQUARE

image021

The Chequers Inn

In 1905

See... The Chequers Inn

 

Post Office

in The Square

looking down Fish St.

There is a coastguard in the picture

image023

image025

The Square

from Head St.

in 1910

Manns Cycle Shop

In The Square

home of Charles Mann

Charles and family are

outside the shop

The Square

looking up Church St

at the filling station

in about 1930

Village Store

In The Square

 

home of clockmaker...

Jacob Micklefield

The Square & store with  Regie & Phyllis Johnsons

The Square & Head St

The Square

With a white phone box

in about 1950

The Chequers Inn

with a waiting carriage

The Square & The Chequers with carriage

The Square with Two Pumps

Two Pumps

after a new well was dug

See...Village Pump history

 

The Square

in 1907

The Square 1907b.JPG

FISH STREET

previously know as Mill Lane, The Street and Goldhanger Street

 

Cottages at 2, 4 & 6 Fish St.

Looking towards The Square

in 1933

The Mill

Fish St, steam-based mill in the 1930s

Beehive Cottages

& No. 6 Fish St

Bird in Hand

a former alehouse

image047

Fish St near Bird-in-Hand

No. 20, 22, 24 Fish St.

demolished in the 1950s

 

See... Cottages lost

See 1855 Property sale

Fish St - cottages in 1915

No. 17 & 21 Fish St.

 

Fish St.

looking north in 1912

the cottages on the right

were demolished in the 1950s

Fish St, 1930s.jpg

 

Lower end of Fish St.

in the 1930s

Crawshay Frost Lived in

the two houses on the left

Postcard with

Mill Lane

as the title

Fish St, then Mill Lane in 1909

Lower end of Fish St.

a stream/ford crossing

near the footpath

to the seawall

Lower end of Fish St.

showing Thatch End

on the left

demolished in the 1970s

Thatch End.JPG

Thatch End

in the 1950s

demolished in the 1970s

 

Bounds Gatehouse

in the 1930s

Fish St Bounds gate.jpg

Bounds1.jpg

Bounds Farmhouse

in the 1930s

home of Stanley Wilkin

See 1886 Property sale

Bounds2.jpg

view . . . Postcards of St Peters Church . . . more recent memorable street scenes